Exciting jobs that will inspire and challenge you
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager to lead and manage a technical customer care department who supports a call center, customer service, contracting, billing/funding, product management and sales. This team is responsible for providing first level product support to both internal staff and clients.
The principal responsibilities will be as follows:
Leadership Presence and Management
- Demonstrate skills and experience in dealing with a non-exempt team. Effectively work with other organization areas. Recruit, hire, identify and provide development opportunities for staff. Responsible for budget planning, managing and forecasting.
Customer Care Operations
- Design, manage, control and monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure business objectives are being met. Assist in generating business and system reports for management. Collaborate with other departments on clients issues in order to find effective solutions.
- Promote and help implement Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and self service capabilities by the client. Provide business analysis support on an internal system which captures client information.
- Work on developing a knowledge base process to capture information that can be utilized by the team in order to properly respond to client questions. Engage in improving and monitoring critical processes involving billing and funding.
Contract and Compliance Coordination
- General coordination and oversight of client contracts (exceptions to policies, review for dated contracts, assistance with legal reviews). Deal with vendor due diligence requests.
Operational Standards, Policies and Support
- Identify, develop, implement and manage operational standards results in 1) system security, 2) data integrity, 3) workflow process efficiencies and 4) accurate and timely delivery of services. Participate in department audits, implement recommended solutions and communicate changes to staff.
- Actively participate in the product management, product development, product sales life cycle from a customer care perspective. Direct and coordinate activities related to back-office operations, online system support and customer service.
At a minimum, each candidate should possess the following skills, experience and background.
- BA/BS degree or commensurate experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in technical customer service/call center or operational environment with software systems.
- Successful track record in working in growing business and technology environments.
- Five years of management experience in a customer service environment including track record of team development.
- Experience in evaluating and integrating technology solutions to support the Customer Care area.
- Previous experience within leading and managing a non-exempt team. Familiar with CA regulations and labor laws is necessary.
- Knowledge of the credit union and auto lending industry is a plus.Education/Work Experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to train and develop staff.
- Solid understanding of business contracting.
- Experience with managing a department budget.
- Proven record for handling back office operational activities in terms of resource and task management.
- Clear understanding and successful execution of change management concepts.
- Innovative mindset, change agent in operational processes.
- Extensive working knowledge of PC systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SQL.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Customer Care ›
Corporate Training ›
Engineering & Operations ›
Human Resources ›
IT & Software Development ›
Marketing & Communications ›
Finance & Accounting ›
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance ›
Best Flex Accounts ›
Life Insurance – Portable Plans ›
Short Term/Long Term Disability ›
401K Retirement Plan ›
Vacation and STOP (PTO) ›
Tuition Reimbursement ›
Employee Assistance Program ›
Travel Assistance Program ›